Search by ingredient

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nutella Cookies



I love hazelnuts. I love chocolate. This was an easy culinary decision.

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Makes about 32 small cookies
Bake Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat white flour/ all purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 and 1/4 cups chopped dark chocolate
(I used schraffen berger 70% dark, chopped into small pieces. You could also use semi sweet chocolate chips)
1 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter, cold
1 egg, room temperature

Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy
Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt- mix well
Mix in the flour until incoorporated
Gently mix in the chocolate and nuts

Using a cookie scoop, place dough (about 1/2 tbsp each) onto buttered and floured cookie sheets with 2 inch spaces between each cookie.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven (top 1/3rd shelf) for about 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden
Gently place on a cooling rack and cool for atleast 5 minutes before digging in!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I want some right now:) Great recipe, what a great idea to use hazelnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have these cookies- but I made some other ones with more chocolate, less flour and ground hazelnuts. I know- *evil*! Stop by this evening for some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuriy can't get enough Nutella-- his choice in crepes, icecream, etc while we travel. Maybe we'll have to try these when we're home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds amazing. I am going to try veganizing it one of these days. :) You forgot to mention how many eggs in the ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, let me know how the veganizing goes! (My neice is allergic to dairy, so ...) And thanks! I edited the egg count! :)

    ReplyDelete